Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Love these Men, I Love their Adventures, I Love Being Their Mom.

I love being a mom of boys.

Today, I am still "Mom" and my husband is still "Dad" to four adventurous boys who grew into four risk-taking men. It is an honor to be the mom of these self-made men.  

As I was raising the boys, I relied on my experience growing up on a cattle ranch where my trusting mom and dad allowed my sisters and me to run around free exploring all the critters and crevices of the land. I loved letting the boys run around and explore, but these boys took their freedom a few steps farther than we girls did! Boys can scare the living daylights out of a mom while they are growing up to be men.

Adventures are still my favorite part about my boy’s lives. I love seeing what is exciting to them today and what they are planning for their next adventures. I love the grandkids, the women they love, the projects they work, the careers they choose, the things they build, the art they create, the friends they make, and the character they have developed within.

Man, I love being a mom of boy... I mean men.

No comments:

Post a Comment