Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Coyote Puppy - Ah!! How Cute! ... and DANGEROUS

My son, Sam and his girlfriend, Brianna, were pet sitting for us while my husband and I were out of town. While enjoying the night air in the back yard, Brianna saw something in the shadows.

She and Sam found this little teeny tiny coyote puppy under the pomegranate tree in the back yard. It was so small it was able to slip through the narrow spaces between the bars of the yard fence.

Sam said it seemed to be thin and had ribs showing. He called us to discuss what to do with the coyote. He offered it cream and water. It was not afraid and allowed Sam and Brianna to pick it up and pet it. I had taken the cameras with us on our trip, so the only camera Sam had was a cell phone camera. This is the best picture we have.

Sam and Brianna set the coyote outside the fence. Later, they heard the coyotes close to the house again, and the puppy was not around the next morning. We assumed (hoped) that the puppy was reunited with its family.

The next afternoon, I heard the coyotes howling by the barn again. I ran outside and I heard baby coyote pups trying to howl. When I looked in that direction, I saw two baby coyotes running up and over the small rise on the property heading to where the older coyotes were howling.

Now... how can I get some video of this family, and still keep my cat and dog safe coyotes. Another reason why Marshal was attacked. It is dangerous to have coyote puppies showing up at your back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment